- About E-Referrals
- What is a referral?
- How to use E-Referrals
- I need help, who do I contact?
- Feedback: How Did We Do?
E-Referrals is a web-based tool that automates the distribution and management of the referral processes. Access to E-Referrals is given when a business/person is sent a referral request. It is easy to navigate, available 24/7, and provides all the information needed to respond to a referral request at your finger tips. E-Referrals is part of the Province's One Process initiative to improve authorization processing.
Key features of E-Referrals include:
- Ability to receive a referral notice electronically (valid email required).
- Ability to view the authorization application area with FrontCounter BC's Discovery Tool.
- No special software required - E-Referrals is a web-based application which uses your existing web browser.
- Convenient 24/7 service with application information and supporting documents when you need it.
- Authorizations can be bundled together into projects so that you can review the whole project, rather than individual authorizations. This reduces the number of referrals received.
- Online help and instructional videos to assist you in using the system.
What is a referral?
Referrals are sent to existing tenure holders, government agencies, and invited members of the public to solicit input on proposed natural resource authorizations or projects. For certain authorizations, it is a legal requirement to notify affected groups or individuals of the proposed authorization - E-Referrals facilitates this process.
How to use E-Referrals
To learn more about how to use E-Referrals, please select one of the following videos:
I need help, who do I contact?
If you have been invited to respond to a referral request but have lost the link to the E-Referral webpage, refer to the following:
- If you responded using your BCeID account and have visited the site at least once, click here. You will be prompted to enter your BCeID login and password and will then be directed to the site.
- If you have not previously accessed the site, please contact the FrontCounter BC office nearest you to request the invitation email be resent to you.
- If you have accessed the site without using a BCeID account, please contact the FrontCounter BC office nearest you to request an invitation be resent to you.
NOTE: You will not be able to access the E-Referrals site unless you have been invited to respond to a referral.
If you are experiencing technical problems with E-Referrals, please contact FrontCounter BC.
If you have a question about the authorization or project being referred to you, please contact the Referral Coordinator listed in the referral.